Songs That Scream "The 80's"

Ah, the 80’s, the era of cheesy, extremely catchy singles that never, ever die. To this day everyone above the ages of, like, 8 know a lot of 80's songs, even my 10 year old sister Carrington (that also has to do with the fact that that’s all we listen to on the weekends). Anyway, there are so many “signature songs of the 80’s”; I just wanted to point out a few of the ones that jumped out at me.

1. Love Is A Battlefield- Pat Benatar

Gotta love this song. I always think of the movie 13 Going on 30, where her and a bunch of other girls are singing and dancing to this song. It's the best scene in the whole movie(:



2. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go-WHAM!
I remember the first time I heard this song I though it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard. Now I really like it, I love how cheesy and ridiculous it is((:



3. Time After Time-Cyndi Lauper
I always thought this was a really pretty song... Its a classic, but she is seriously weird.



4. Don't Stop Believin'-Journey
Oh, how I love this song. It is one of my all-time favorites. There are a lot of good covers of this song, such as the one by Glee and the one by Sam Tsui. I really just love Journey, I like their songs Open Arms and Faithfully too.



5. Total Eclipse of the Heart-Bonnie Tyler
Another reaally pretty song. Strange music video, but I can't get it on so here is a live version:



6. Livin' On a Prayer- Bon Jovi
Ohh, this is suuch a good song. I always think of the time my cousin was singing this and I just couldn't stop laughing*cough cough*(Paul). I think this is a cute music video...(:



7. Every Breath You Take-The Police
This is another cheesy one that I reaally like anyway(:



8. Whip it-Devo
Dumbest. Song. Ever. Just saying. I think it is ridiculous, but I like it anyway. I have a Devo shirt! It's been passed down to me but hey (: Here is a recent video of them performing it. They are pretty old now :P Click here for the music video.



9. The Way You Make Me Feel-Michael Jackson
Hah, this song. Everybody knows it, and loves it, well a lot of people. Even me :D Plus, you've gotta love this music video...



10. Never Gonna Give You Up- Rick Astley
Hah, this song is the epitome of CHEESY. But I lovee it. This little red headed guy's voice does NOT match his body. It's quite shocking.. P.S Does this guy remind anyone else of Duncan? ahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment