Jet lag? Heck no!

Hey guys!

So after a long 20 hours of traveling moving into a different time zone was surprisingly easy. Last night we arrived to our home away from home at about 7:30. By the time I had emailed family and friends letting them know I survived, eaten dinner, showered, and gotten ready for bed it was almost 10:00, but for some strange reason it felt like it was 1 o’clock in the morning when at home it was not even 4 PM.

I slept in this morning until about 9 or so and after getting ready for the day we headed off to the store. Going to the grocery store in a foreign country is quite the experience I must say. After doing the math in my head and figuring out how much everything cost in dollars and I was flabbergasted. One dollar for a bag of 6 apples? Yes please.

After getting home we had lunch and just hung out for a while. Sitting in the sun in this cool weather has to be one of my favorite things to do here. My relaxing time was interrupted by my sister, mom, and sister’s fiancĂ©’s mom wanting to go on a walk. After returning from that I opened up my computer to find that my family had left me a video message on ooVoo. How sweet :) I recorded and sent a reply and went to the kitchen to scavenge for food.

Soon I will be ooVooing my family and hopefully chatting with my best friend. I am so excited because I miss everyone like crazy! I am so excited to see what this next couple days bring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment