We Have Arrived

After months of preparation, weeks of anticipation, and days of packing we are finally almost to South Africa. I am currently typing out this post while on the plane ride to Johannesburg and will be posting it when I arrive. Traveling this time around was a piece of cake; what took us 48 hours last year is only taking us 20 this year (thanks to on time flights).

We arrived at the airport yesterday morning at 11:30 and made it right on time to our 2 o’clock flight. For some strange reason I had motion sickness the entire two hour flight to D.C. It ran a little behind schedule and making the 5:15 flight to Dakar, Senegal was a close one. Right now we have 5 or 6 hours left of flight time until we reach out final destination! Hooray.

I have pretty much been keeping myself busy with shenanigans like movies, snacks, reading, more movies, etc. I must say I am ready to get out of this plane though I’m starting to feel a hint of claustrophobia coming over me (on top of the nervousness caused by the pilot’s turbulence warning).

So last year when we took this trip I had decided to be as comfortable as possible (t-shirt, over sized ripped up jeans, and converse). But this time around I wanted to find a middle ground between cute and comfy; in my opinion a flowy shirt, comfortable skinny jeans, and cushiony flip flops are the way to go. My advice? Pack a change of shirt (if you are traveling far like Moi) and a jacket because planes…ARE FREEZING, and plane blankets…ARE FLIMSY. Just saying.

P.S I am going to try to post another video soon of a summary of our travels so keep an eye out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment